This is one of my all time favourites. I can not even remember where I found this recipe, but it has gone through some changes since I first started making it.
2 or 3 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup orange marmalade sauce (you can change this to 1/4 Lime and 1/4 orange)
1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1 cup Cashew nuts (roughly chopped)
Oil, for frying
2 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornstarch
White rice, cooked
Green onions, for garnish
Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Combine BBQ sauce, orange marmalade, and teriyaki sauce in a saucepan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, Beat eggs in one bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and cornstarch.
- Dip chicken through egg, then through flour mixture.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a large, nonstick skillet/pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and fry for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until cooked and crispy. You want this chicken really crispy. So cook chicken in batches and as a final crisping I let it crisp up in the Air Frier for about 7 to 10 more minutes.
- When they are golden brown and chrispy place in a large bowl with the chopped Cashew nuts and sugar snap Peas, then add the sauce one ladel at a time.
- Serve over white rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe as much as we do. Let me know if there are any modifications that you did that adds to the flavour of this dish. I love trying new things to eat.